Monday, March 15, 2010

Last Person Ever To See Shawshank

Yes, it's true.  I'm the last person to have seen "Shawshank Redemption" and for this, I blame friends and family.  Not one of them ever sat me down and said, hey, you need to watch this.  For whatever reason, the past 16  years have gone by and this has never occurred.  A couple times I've seen a few minutes here and there, but with commercials and the swears dubbed over, which makes any movie impossible to watch.

I bought this movie for I think $5 and finally watched it recently and it was probably the best cinco pesos I've spent in quite some time.  One of the best movies ever...yes, ever.  I don't think many people would disagree...it's in everyones top five, I bet.  Go ahead, ask your pals (it was nominated for Best Picture in 95).
The story of Andy, Red, and the Warden is an unforgettable one that is an emotional roller coaster worth taking.  Great acting along with a great S. King story makes a timeless classic that has you feel despair and complete victory.  It gives you the exact experience that you want a movie to give you.  You buy into the characters and let them tell you an amazing, dramatic story through out and up to the very end.  Not many movies will top this.  I'm sure you already have seen this, but I suggest to see it again anyway.

Rizzle Classic  5 out of 5 ZZZZZ

~KR

No comments:

Post a Comment