Monday, December 27, 2010

Cool Greys for Christmas

     I want to start off by saying Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone and I hope all of you got what you wanted.  As you can see by my previous post on these sneakers 6 months ago, that I've had my eye on the Christmas Eve Eve release of the Retro Air Jordan XI "Cool Grey" sneakers.  These are by far one of my favorites based on the design and colorway and the XI seems to be THE favorite among sneakerheads as well.  Last year's Christmas Eve release of the "SpaceJam" colorway ignited mini-riots at Foot Lockers across the country and kids sleeping out overnight in the winter cold waiting in line to get a chance at snagging a pair.
     I missed out on a pair of the SpaceJam and all white 20th Anniversary Jordan XI's and this time, I would not be denied.  My alarm was set for 10 minutes before midnight and I had two computers and multiple pages on refresh waiting for the midnight release.  The instant demand basically crashed all the servers at FootLocker, Finishline, FootAction, and Nikestore's websites.  After trying for a hour and 45 minutes, I was able to complete my order with Nike and a confirmation was received.  I WIN!!  (I'm still waiting on my credit from the half order that was placed with Finishline??)  I received these beautiful specimens the next day with Nike's free overnight shipping and they were as gorgeous as I could imagine.  Yes, i'm a grown man and I've obsessed over sneaks as long as I can remember.  Shout to Johnny Caps and the 5th and 6th grade playground playing kickball with our original Jordan V's.  I know a lot of women have some shoe addictions as well, so you can relate.
     All the sneaker websites had tons of coverage of this release but this picture from Dr. Jay's was my favorite for a couple reasons.  One being that it incorporated my Christmas gift to myself but even better was that it was an updated Norman Rockwell holiday painting.  My dad's favorite artist is and always has been Norman Rockwell.  He's as iconic as apple pie and illustrated the cover of The Saturday Evening Post along with numerous other publications, advertisements, and legitimate paintings for decades.  A lot of his works get published around the holidays since many of his works captures Americana during this great time of year.  Click on the name above to find out more about Norm.
Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment